In 1938 Army Lt. Colonel Sigmund E. Edelstone had an innovative idea: selling touch-up paint for cars that matched perfectly to the original OEM finish. He started the business in his garage, filling touch-up bottles with bulk OEM paint purchased from paint manufacturers like Sherwin-Williams.
Sigmund was never satisfied with less-than-perfect products. His business developed quickly and was relocated in downtown Chicago. Employees realized their work was always going to be personally scrutinized.
Mr. Edelstone was also a patron of the arts. It is believed his artistic sense and his demand for perfection led to Dupli-Color’s success.
For over 60 years, Dupli-Color has been known for its "Perfect Match" in touch-up automotive paints. And has continued its founder’s philosophy of “perfection” through new product innovations for both the car and truck refinishing, OEM and specialty coating markets.